SDBF Building Consultancy (“We/Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting SDBF Building Consultancy | Chartered Surveyors & Designers you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 regulations (GDPR), the data controller is Registered Office: SDBF Building Consultancy, Church House, Crane Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2QB. Our nominated representative for the purpose of these regulations is Mrs Duygu Riley – Architectural Designer and Business Development Manager.
1. What information do we collect about you?
Information you give us – this is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, or at our premises, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information may include your title, name, address, email address, phone number or financial information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
We may also provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and also to notify you about changes to our service.
Cookies – we use Google Analytics to help us monitor visits to our website so that we can make improvements. The information collected is anonymous and is not used in a way that could identify you. We do not implement (or allow Google to) any tracking that could be used to target adverts to you.
If you would prefer us not to collect your website usage data you can opt out by disabling cookies using the cookie control popup on this website.
2. Email marketing
You may unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time.
3. How long do we keep your data?
Project Files – these are kept for 15 years to cover legal and operational requirements consistent with the status of being a limited company.
Personnel Records – these are kept for 6 years after an employee leaves the Company. We do not retain CVs for unsuccessful applicants after a vacancy has been filled.
Once the relevant retention period has expired, all records are destroyed as ‘Confidential Waste’.
4. Your rights
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the SDBF Building Consultancy holds about you;
- The right to request that the SDBF Building Consultancy corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the SDBF Building Consultancy to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that SDBF Building Consultancy provides you with your personal data and where possible, transmits that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office at